Samsung is now rolling Android Pie for mid-range Galaxy A8 Plus in Russia, Thailand, Ukraine, and more. The new system update for the device is now available over-the-air and carries the build number A730FXXU4CSD1 / A730FXXU4CSD6. It also brings the latest February 2019 security patch for the device. With Android Pie update Samsung has introduced the all-new OneUI interface which is step-up from the Oreo OS based Samsung Experience UI.
Android Pie also comes with all new features such as gesture navigations, adaptive battery, improved notification management, App slices, Recent Apps, improved Do Not Disturb etc. To know more about Android Pie click here.
How to Check Software Update?
Android Pie update for the Galaxy A8 Plus is rolling over-the-air which follows an automatic process. It will knock into the devices on its own and users will get notified to install the same. However, depending upon various factors like location and tele-carrier support, some users may not get to see the system update. So, the wise thing to do is to capture the OTA manually. This is a very simple process.
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates
- If the A730FXXU4CSD1 / A730FXXU4CSD6 update shows up, then download and install it
The system upgrades software sizes in gigabytes. So, the ideal way to download the update is by connecting to a good Wi-Fi network. It will also save you from tele-carrier’s data charges. Do charge the battery of your device up to 70% before installing the new update. This will help to avoid any power related interruptions during installing Android Pie.
If you somehow don’t happen to capture the OTA automatically, then You can download and install the Android 9.0 Pie based manually using the flash tool, Odin. Here we have put up the download link for the firmware which packs Android pie update and latest security patch for Galaxy A8 Plus.
A730FXXU4CSD1 / A730FXXU4CSD6 Firmware Details
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus
- Model: SM-A730F
- Baseband Version: A730FXXU4CSD1 / A730FXXU4CSD6
- Security Patch Level: 2019-02-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Steps to Install Android Pie Update for Galaxy A8 Plus
Download the firmware that packs Android Pie from the link above followed by all the Samsung USB drivers and other flash tools. You have to use the Odin tool to install the new stock firmware on the Galaxy A8 Plus. We have also put up the guide which will help you install Android Pie firmware on your Galaxy A8 Plus. Check the basic guidelines before you begin to install the new firmware.
- This Android Pie based firmware is exclusively for Galaxy A8 Plus. Do not use it on other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before performing the update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Here is the guide about using the Odin tool to install the Android Pie on the Galaxy A8 Plus.
So, there you are guys. If you happen to own a Galaxy A8 Plus, then keep your radar on for the OTA update A730FXXU4CSD1 / A730FXXU4CSD6 which will bring Android Pie for you. Else, install it now itself manually by following our guide.