Samsung started seeding a May 2020 security patch to Galaxy A7 2018 (SM-A750F) in the Middle East and Africa region with build version A750FXXU4CTD1. The update is now live for the Middle East and African countries like Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Libya, Iraq, Nigeria, Israel, Kenya, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Turkey, UAE (United Arab Emirates), and South Africa.
The update is rolling via OTA (over the air) for users which brings nothing major changes except security patch. A new security patch for May 2020 month fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. So, it’s highly recommended to install this update for better security enhancements. So, either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can check for it manually.
If you have not received the new build number (A750FXXU4CTD1) on your Galaxy A7 2018, then manually check for the OTA update before upgrading your device using the ODIN tool. To check for the May patch or latest update, simply go into Settings > System > System updates.
If you have received the update, then ensure that your device battery is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network for faster & stable downloads.
Firmware Details: A750FXXU4CTD1
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A7 2018
- Model: SM-A750F
- Region: Middle East and Africa
- Build Number: A750FXXU4CTD1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-05-01
- Supported Country: Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Libya, Iraq, Nigeria, Israel, Kenya, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Turkey, UAE (United Arab Emirates), South Africa
Table of Contents
How to Flash Firmware on Galaxy A7 2018 using ODIN
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A750FXXU4CTD1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy A7 2018.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy A7 2018 using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the May 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy A7 2018 model with build number A750FXXU4CTD1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.