Samsung started rolling the January 2020 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 (SM-A750GN) with build number A750GNDXS5BTA1 / A750GNDXS5BTA2. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 device in the Asian region.
As we speak, the update is live in Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, and more. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on your Galaxy A7 2018 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy A30s Specifications
Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 sports a 6.0 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2220 pixels. The display protection comes from the Gorilla Glass. The Galaxy A7 2018 packs 2 types of chipsets which are Exynos 7885 or a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660. The device packs 64/128GB internal storage and 4/6GB of RAM.
The main selling point of this device is the came which comes with a triple camera with 24MP (f/1.7), 8 MP (f/2.4) and 5MP (f/2.2) and fingerprint reader mounted side. On the front face, the device sports a 24MP shooter for selfies. The Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 runs Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. The power section is handled by a 3300 mAh battery.
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the A750GNDXS5BTA1 / A750GNDXS5BTA2 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 (SM-A750GN)
- Region: Asia
- Build number: A750GNDXS5BTA1 / A750GNDXS5BTA2
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-01-01
- Supported country: Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, and more.
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A7 2018
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A750GNDXS5BTA1 / A750GNDXS5BTA2) is supported for Samsung Galaxy A7 2018
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device