Today Samsung started rolling the software update for the Galaxy A80 model that bumps up a new software version A805FXXS4ATDC based on Android 9.0 Pie. As the update is live in the South American region, all the interested Galaxy A80 (SM-A805F variant) users can easily download and install the new version by following the guide below.
Talking about the changelog, the update is still running on OneUi 2.0 and brings the new April 2020 Android Security Patch Level. This update also improves the system security and fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. So, it’s highly recommended to install this update for better security enhancements. So, either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can check for it manually.
The update is live in Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more.
Check Software Update (OTA)
Samsung always roll-out firmware OTA updates in a phased manner and it’s quite possible that not all the users may receive the update at the same time. So, the incremental update process can take a couple of days or more. Now, if you don’t want to wait further, then you can manually check for the OTA update on your handset via Settings > System > System updates.
If there is a new update available, then simply download and install it. Ensure that your device battery is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network for faster & stable downloads. Still, not getting the OTA update notification? Don’t worry! We have shared the steps and requirements to manually flash the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy A80 using the ODIN tool.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A80 (SM-A805F)
- Region: South America
- Build Number: A805FXXS4ATDC
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
- Supported Countries: Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more
How to Install Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A80
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy A80 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A805FXXS4ATDC) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy A80.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: A805FXXS4ATDC
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy A80 model with build number A805FXXS4ATDC. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.