Samsung started rolling the January 2021 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy A80 (SM-A805F) with build number A805FXXS5BUA5 / A805FXXU5BUA4. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy A80 device in the South American region.
As we speak, the update is live in Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on your Galaxy A80 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the A805FXXS5BUA5 / A805FXXU5BUA4 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A80 (SM-A805F)
- Region: South America
- Build number: A805FXXS5BUA5 / A805FXXU5BUA4
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-01-01
- Supported countries: Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more.
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A80
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A805FXXS5BUA5 / A805FXXU5BUA4) is supported for Samsung Galaxy A80
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device
Required Files and Firmware
- A805FXXS5BUA5 / A805FXXU5BUA4| Download Samsung Firmware
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy M01 Core stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
So, make sure to download the January 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy A80 with build number A805FXXS5BUA5 / A805FXXU5BUA4. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.