Samsung keeps impressing us by rolling the latest security patch to its devices as quickly as possible. Now the company started rolling the January 2020 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 (SM-A920F) with build number A920FXXU3BSLB. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 device in India.
As we speak, the update is live globally based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on your Galaxy A9 2018 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the A920FXXU3BSLB update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 (SM-A920F)
- Region: India
- Build number: A920FXXU3BSLB
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A9 2018
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A920FXXU3BSLB) is supported for Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 in the Indian region
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device