OnePlus 8 Pro is the latest flagship from OnePlus. It has one of the best and fast in-display fingerprint sensor, other than that it also has the facial recognition system but that is the topic of another article. This article will focus on how to set up the fingerprint scanner on your OnePlus 8 Pro. In this guided article, we have mentioned the steps to Add or Remove Fingerprint Recognition on OnePlus 8 Pro in very straightforward steps.
Currently, there are both optical and ultrasonic in-screen fingerprint sensors that can be found in modern smartphones. In-display optical sensors work by capturing an image of your fingerprint-based on the light reflected from the gaps between the pixels on your phone’s display. In-display ultrasonic sensors work by projecting ultrasonic waves through the surface of the screen since ultrasonic waves can travel through solid materials in a way that light can’t.
Quick Specs Overview of OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone runs on the Android 10 (Q) operating system. The phone is powered by Octa-core (2.84 GHz, Single core, Kryo 585 + 2.42 GHz, Tri core, Kryo 585 + 1.8 GHz, Quad-core, Kryo 585) processor. It runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Chipset. It has 8 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage.
OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone has a Fluid AMOLED display. It measures 165.3 mm x 74.3 mm x 8.5 mm and weighs 199 grams. The screen has a resolution of 1440 x 3168 pixels and 513 PPI pixel density. It has an aspect ratio of 19.8:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 90.36 %. On the camera front, the buyers get a 16 MP f/2.45 Primary Camera(3″ sensor size, 1µm pixel size) and on the rear, there’s a 48+48+8+5 MP camera with features like Fixed Focus. It is backed by a 4510 mAh battery. Connectivity features in the smartphone include WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Volte, NFC, and more.
Setup Fingerprint Recognition on OnePlus 8 Pro
- Open Settings from the App Drawer.
- Scroll down and find the Security and Lock Screen tab.
- Under that section the Fingerprint tab.
- If prompted, enter the current PIN, password, or pattern.
- If presented, tap Continue and select a lock screen option (e.g., Pattern, PIN, or Password) then follow the steps to complete the process.
- If prompted, tap continues to register your fingerprint by swiping your fingertip down over the sensor to scan. Repeat this step as necessary until the process is complete.
- Tap Done (lower-right).
- Tap the Fingerprint unlock switch to turn on.
Follow a similar way to remove the fingerprint.
This was the easiest way to Add or Remove Fingerprint Recognition on OnePlus 8 Pro. Follow them carefully to enable the feature in your device.
If you are facing any type of issue with your OnePlus 8 Pro then check our OnePlus 8 Pro Troubleshooting Guide to fix them. We have listed a lot of issues and their solutions in the guide.
Do you own an OnePlus Device, or any Android device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ Android Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for OnePlus are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- Why Internet Won’t Connect on OnePlus 8 Pro? How to Fix?
- How to Fix Slow Response on OnePlus 8 Pro [Troubleshoot lag or slow performance]
- How to Fix if IMS Service Has Stopped on OnePlus 8 Pro
- How to Fix Unresponsive Touchscreen or Not Working issue on OnePlus 8 Pro
- How to Fix Settings Keep Crashing Problem on OnePlus 8 Pro
- How to Fix OnePlus 8 Pro with Warning Camera Failed Error?
- Why my OnePlus 8 Pro Keeps Losing Signal [Showing Weak Network]
- How to Fix if Google App on My OnePlus 8 Pro Drains Battery Quickly