The negative after-effects that most Windows update brings are common to Windows users. This happens pretty much every often whenever there’s an update. One such error is the display not working issue that shows a black screen to the users. Since this happens due to multiple reasons, we’re gonna have to look at a few possible fixes.
Fix Windows 10 Display Not Working Issue
This issue may occur due to an external or physical error on or related to the PC. In contrast, you can confirm that the cause falls internally if you encounter the problem after signing in. Either, a guide on the latter matter and its fixes are vital, hence, here we are. So for countering the issue, you can read through our guide on how to fix display not working issues after updating Windows 10.
The first thing to make sure is that your PC is connected properly. You may only have to do this if you see the display error before signing in. If this is the case, then ensure that all the cables to your computer or display are inserted properly. Taking them off and plugging it back again is a good idea. If this doesn’t solve the problem for you, then consider reading on the other fixes.
- The first method is to restart your Windows 10 system in a specific way. In order to do this, use the Ctrl+Alt+Del keyboard shortcut when you’re booting up to the black screen
- Then, you’ll see a power button at the bottom-right corner of the screen. Click on this button
- Doing so will give you a few options. Out of them, choose to Restart the system and it will boot up to the normal screen.
- The next thing you can do is restart the video driver and refresh the link to the monitor. You can simply use the Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B keyboard shortcut to restart the video driver
- You can also try using the Project menu to see which display modes can counter the error. To do this, press Windows key + P and it will open the Project menu
- Then, press the P key again to navigate between modes and use the Enter key to select. Doing so will let you switch between the display modes. Try out each mode and see which one works.
Finally, if none of the above methods work out for you, then you may want to try forcibly shutting down the system. To do this, simply press on the physical power button of your PC. You must keep holding the button until the system shuts down. When it does, what a couple of minutes and press it again to boot up the system. Hopefully, this should solve the update error.
[su_box box_color=”” title=”Related Articles:”]
- How to Fix When Red X Volume Icon Appear in Windows 10
- How to Fix If MKV file not playing on Windows 10
- Fix Slow Hard Drive on your Windows 10
- How to Set Up Multiple Monitors on Windows 10 With Different Resolution
- Fix Can’t Hear Cortana speak in Windows 10
- Bluetooth Speaker Not detected in Windows 10: How to Fix?
If the screen error is caused by any external or physical aspects of your PC, then the first method in this guide should help you. However, if it doesn’t, then it is best that you try out the other steps one by one and carefully. That said, we hope reading the article above has equipped you with some bit of information. Please let us know by commenting down below if you have any further queries regarding the same.