Want to install AICP 14.0 Custom ROM on your Google Nexus 6 (shamu)? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this guide, we will take on how to install AICP 14.0 on Nexus 6. Well, Nexus 6 was announced in October 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.0 Lollipop and later upgrade to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Now the good news is that you can enjoy Android Pie OS version on your device unofficially by installing AICP 14.0 Custom ROM.
To install AICP 14.0 on Nexus 6, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AICP on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of AICP 14.0.
Talking about the specifications, Nexus 6 features a 5.96-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Nexus 6 comes with 13MP and 2MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3220 mAh battery with Qi wireless charging.
Table of Contents
What is AICP ROM?
AICP also stands f0r Android ICE Cold Project which is an aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project. The ROM is first developed for the HTC Desire HD device in the year 2012. Since then AICP has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find! Currently, the ROM is based on Lineage OS with some tweaks from AOSP. AICP has lots more customization options and supports substratum officially (LOS doesn’t support it officially). AICP also comes with Magisk so you don’t need to reflash magisk when you update via OTA.
Steps to Install AICP 14.0 on Nexus 6:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Nexus 6 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Google USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Nexus 6.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Nexus 6
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AICP 14.0 ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- Make sure to download all the required files and move the flashable zip files to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery menu, Tap the Install Button and look for the flashable zip file name of AICP 14.0
- Tap on the file name AICP zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AICP 14.0 on your Nexus 6.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AICP 14.0 on Nexus 6 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.