HTC One M9 (Codename: hima) in March 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.0 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. Want to install AICP Custom ROM on your HTC One M9? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this guide, we will take on how to install AICP 16.1 on HTC One M9. Now the good news is that you can enjoy the Android 11 OS version on your device unofficially by installing AICP 16.1 Custom ROM.
Talking about the specifications, HTC One M9 features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB of internal memory. The camera on the HTC One M9 comes with a 20MP and 4MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 2840 mAh battery.
To install AICP ROM on HTC One M9, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AICP on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of AICP.
What is AICP ROM?
AICP also stands f0r Android ICE Cold Project which is an aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project. The ROM is first developed for the HTC Desire HD device in the year 2012. Since then AICP has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find! Currently, the ROM is based on Lineage OS with some tweaks from AOSP. AICP has lots more customization options and supports substratum officially (LOS doesn’t support it officially). AICP also comes with Magisk so you don’t need to reflash magisk when you update via OTA.
Steps to Install AICP ROM on HTC One M9 (hima):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers, and things to start with.
- Supported: HTC One M9 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Android USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on HTC One M9.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on HTC One M9
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
Download AICP Custom ROM:
AICP 16.1 based on Android 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
AICP 15.0 based on Android 10
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy, and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
Instructions to Install
- Make sure to download all the required files and move the flashable zip files to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery menu, Tap the Install Button and look for the flashable zip file name of AICP
- Tap on the file name AICP zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AICP 15.0 on your HTC One M9.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy it!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AICP ROM on HTC One M9 (hima) successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.