Last updated on March 26th, 2021 at 05:20 pm
OnePlus 6 (Codename: enchilada) in May 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 10 Q. Want to install AICP Custom ROM on your OnePlus 6? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this guide, we will take on how to install AICP 16.1 on OnePlus 6. Now the good news is that you can enjoy the Android 11 OS version on your device unofficially by installing AICP 16.1 Custom ROM.
To install AICP 16.1 on OnePlus 6, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AICP on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of AICP.
After the success of OnePlus 5T, OnePlus has finally launched their new successor OnePlus 6. With the OnePlus 6, the company has stepped further with the design and build quality. The notch at the top of the edge-to-edge display and glass design in the back. OnePlus 6 features a 6.28-inch AMOLED display with 2280 X 1080 pixels resolution. OP 6 camera section packs a really powerful 20 MP +16 MP vertical dual camera on the rear end. It also has a 16-MP front face camera. The camera has features like OIS, super slo-mo and portrait mode. Out-of-the-box OnePlus 6 runs on OxygenOS Android 8.1. Oreo.
What is AICP ROM?
AICP also stands f0r Android ICE Cold Project which is an aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project. The ROM is first developed for the HTC Desire HD device in the year 2012. Since then AICP has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find! Currently, the ROM is based on Lineage OS with some tweaks from AOSP. AICP has lots more customization options and supports substratum officially (LOS doesn’t support it officially). AICP also comes with Magisk so you don’t need to reflash magisk when you update via OTA.
- How to Root and Install Official TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 6 Stock Firmware Collections (Back to Stock ROM/Restore)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on OnePlus 6 and 6T (Android 11)
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for OnePlus 6 and 6T
- List of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 6 [Updated]
Steps to Install AICP 16.1 on OnePlus 6 (enchilada):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers, and things to start with.
- Supported: OnePlus 6 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
Download AICP Custom ROM:
AICP 16.1 based on Android 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
Instructions to Install
- Make sure to download all the required files and move the flashable zip files to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery menu, Tap the Install Button and look for the flashable zip file name of AICP
- Tap on the file name AICP zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AICP 15.0 on your OnePlus 6.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy it!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AICP ROM on OnePlus 6 (enchilada) successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!