Want to install AICP 14.0 Custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z2 (sirius)? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this guide, we will take on how to install AICP 14.0 on Sony Xperia Z2. Well, Sony Xperia Z2 was announced in February 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat and later upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Now the good news is that you can enjoy Android Pie OS version on your device unofficially by installing AICP 14.0 Custom ROM.
To install AICP 14.0 on Sony Xperia Z2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AICP on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of AICP 14.0.
Talking about the specifications, Sony Xperia Z2 features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB or 256GB internal memory. The camera on the Sony Xperia Z2 comes with 20.7MP and 2.2MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3200 mAh battery.
Table of Contents
What is AICP ROM?
AICP also stands f0r Android ICE Cold Project which is an aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project. The ROM is first developed for the HTC Desire HD device in the year 2012. Since then AICP has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find! Currently, the ROM is based on Lineage OS with some tweaks from AOSP. AICP has lots more customization options and supports substratum officially (LOS doesn’t support it officially). AICP also comes with Magisk so you don’t need to reflash magisk when you update via OTA.
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Sony Xperia Z2
- List of Best Custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z2 [Updated]
- Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie update for Sony Xperia Z2
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Sony Xperia Z2 based on Android 10 Q
Steps to Install AICP 14.0 on Sony Xperia Z2:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Sony Xperia Z2 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Sony USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Sony Xperia Z2.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia Z2
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AICP 14.0 ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- Make sure to download all the required files and move the flashable zip files to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery menu, Tap the Install Button and look for the flashable zip file name of AICP 14.0
- Tap on the file name AICP zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AICP 14.0 on your Sony Xperia Z2.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AICP 14.0 on Sony Xperia Z2 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.