Want to install AICP 14.0 Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne)? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this guide, we will take on how to install AICP 14.0 on Xiaomi Mi 6X. Well, Xiaomi Mi 6X was announced in April 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Now the good news is that you can enjoy Android Pie OS version on your device unofficially by installing AICP 14.0 Custom ROM.
To install AICP 14.0 on Xiaomi Mi 6X, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AICP on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of AICP 14.0.
What is AICP ROM?
AICP also stands f0r Android ICE Cold Project which is an aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project. The ROM is first developed for the HTC Desire HD device in the year 2012. Since then AICP has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find! Currently, the ROM is based on Lineage OS with some tweaks from AOSP. AICP has lots more customization options and supports substratum officially (LOS doesn’t support it officially). AICP also comes with Magisk so you don’t need to reflash magisk when you update via OTA.
- Download Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 6X based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Mi 6X
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi 6X (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6X
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6X [Updated]
Steps to Install AICP 14.0 on Xiaomi Mi 6X:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Mi 6X (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6X
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AICP 14.0 ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- Make sure to download all the required files and move the flashable zip files to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery menu, Tap the Install Button and look for the flashable zip file name of AICP 14.0
- Tap on the file name AICP zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AICP 14.0 on your Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AICP 14.0 on Xiaomi Mi 6X successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.