Want to install AICP 14.0 Custom ROM on your Asus ZenFone 6z (ZS630KL/I01WD)? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this guide, we will take on how to install AICP 14.0 on Asus ZenFone 6z. Well, Asus ZenFone 6z was announced in May 2019. The handset came with Android 9.0 Pie. Now the good news is that you can enjoy Android Pie OS version on your device unofficially by installing AICP 14.0 Custom ROM.
To install AICP 14.0 on Asus ZenFone 6z, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AICP on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of AICP 14.0.
The Asus Zenfone 6z sports a huge 6.4-inches IPS LCD touch display with a resolution of 1080 × 2340 pixels. There is no notch or punch-hole camera on the display which offers a 92% screen-to-body ratio. It’s pack with the Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection and has a full glass body. It powers with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC and paired with up to 8GB of RAM. The phone also comes with up to 256GB of internal storage. While the storage can be expandable up to 200GB via a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
The handset packs a motorized flip-up all-in-one camera module of a 48MP (f/1.8) Sony IMX586 sensor and a 13MP (f/2.4) ultrawide-angle lens along with an LED flash. The camera module will work on both sides for taking rear and selfie cameras by flipping up the module. It’s a motorized module which works perfectly and quite quickly as well. The Zenfone 6 (2019) is powered by Android 9.0 Pie with ZenUI 6 out-of-the-box. It packs a 5,000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging support. The handset also features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor which is quite faster than its predecessor.
Table of Contents
What is AICP ROM?
AICP also stands f0r Android ICE Cold Project which is an aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project. The ROM is first developed for the HTC Desire HD device in the year 2012. Since then AICP has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find! Currently, the ROM is based on Lineage OS with some tweaks from AOSP. AICP has lots more customization options and supports substratum officially (LOS doesn’t support it officially). AICP also comes with Magisk so you don’t need to reflash magisk when you update via OTA.
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on ASUS ZenFone 6 2019 (Asus 6Z) (9.0 Pie)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Asus ZenFone 6z based on Android 10 Q
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on ASUS ZenFone 6 2019 (Asus 6Z) and root using Magisk
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 Q ROM for Asus Zenfone 6 (Asus 6Z)
- Download and Update Havoc OS on Asus ZenFone 6 2019 (Android 10 Q)
Steps to Install AICP 14.0 on Asus ZenFone 6z:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Asus ZenFone 6z (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Asus USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Asus ZenFone 6z.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone 6z
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AICP 14.0 ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- Make sure to download all the required files and move the flashable zip files to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery menu, Tap the Install Button and look for the flashable zip file name of AICP 14.0
- Tap on the file name AICP zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AICP 14.0 on your Asus ZenFone 6z.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AICP 14.0 on Asus ZenFone 6z successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.