OnePlus 8 (Codename: instantnoodle) in April 2020. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 10 Q. Want to install AICP Custom ROM on your OnePlus 8? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this guide, we will take on how to install AICP 16.1 on OnePlus 8. Now the good news is that you can enjoy the Android 11 OS version on your device unofficially by installing AICP 16.1 Custom ROM.
To install AICP 16.1 on OnePlus 8, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AICP on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of AICP.
As expected, OnePlus 8 has powerful hardware specifications that put it one step ahead of any other gadget available in the International smartphone market right now. Of course, it’s a 5G ready smartphone and therefore, it has been equipped with Snapdragon 865 processor which offers unbeatable processing speed without compromising with anything while the users perform any task. Reviews suggest OnePlus hasn’t offered exactly what the fans were expecting. There are domains at which OnePlus 8 lacks. The absence of wireless charging and telephone camera has discouraged users. On the other side, it has been loaded with impressive specifications as already mentioned. The waterfall display edges and the option to have upto12GB of RAM is something that seems the need of every hour in 2020. Another god thing is price- tag on this device which is lesser than other 5G smartphones available in the market.
Table of Contents
What is AICP ROM?
AICP also stands f0r Android ICE Cold Project which is an aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project. The ROM is first developed for the HTC Desire HD device in the year 2012. Since then AICP has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find! Currently, the ROM is based on Lineage OS with some tweaks from AOSP. AICP has lots more customization options and supports substratum officially (LOS doesn’t support it officially). AICP also comes with Magisk so you don’t need to reflash magisk when you update via OTA.
- Common Problems in OnePlus 8 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How To Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 8 and Root Using Magisk
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on OnePlus 8 (Android 11)
- Download and Install Android 11 on OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8 Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
Steps to Install AICP 16.1 on OnePlus 8 (instantnoodle):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers, and things to start with.
- Supported: OnePlus 8 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 8.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 8
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
Download AICP Custom ROM:
AICP 16.1 based on Android 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
Instructions to Install
- Make sure to download all the required files and move the flashable zip files to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery menu, Tap the Install Button and look for the flashable zip file name of AICP
- Tap on the file name AICP zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AICP 15.0 on your OnePlus 8.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy it!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AICP ROM on OnePlus 8 (instantnoodle) successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!