OnePlus 8T (Codename: kebab) in October 2020. The phone came out of the box with Android 11. Want to install AICP Custom ROM on your OnePlus 8T? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this guide, we will take on how to install AICP 16.1 on the OnePlus 8T. Now the good news is that you can enjoy the Android 11 OS version on your device unofficially by installing AICP 16.1 Custom ROM.
To install AICP 16.1 on OnePlus 8T, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AICP on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of AICP.
The OnePlus 8T handset comes with a 6.55-inches Fluid AMOLED, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ display that offers 1080×2400 pixels resolution quality. It has a 20:9 aspect ratio screen, Always-on display mode, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 support, etc. While the device is equipped with the latest flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, paired with Adreno 650 GPU, 8GB/12GB of RAM, 128GB/256GB of internal storage option.
What is AICP ROM?
AICP also stands f0r Android ICE Cold Project which is an aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project. The ROM is first developed for the HTC Desire HD device in the year 2012. Since then AICP has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find! Currently, the ROM is based on Lineage OS with some tweaks from AOSP. AICP has lots more customization options and supports substratum officially (LOS doesn’t support it officially). AICP also comes with Magisk so you don’t need to reflash magisk when you update via OTA.Related Post
- OnePlus 8T Stock Firmware collections [Stock ROM flash file]
- Common Problems in OnePlus 8T and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for OnePlus 8T
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on OnePlus 8T (Android 11)
- List of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 8T [Updated]
Steps to Install AICP 16.1 on OnePlus 8T (kebab):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers, and things to start with.
- Supported: OnePlus 8T (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on the OnePlus 8T.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 8T
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
Download AICP Custom ROM:
AICP 16.1 based on Android 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
Instructions to Install
- Make sure to download all the required files and move the flashable zip files to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery menu, Tap the Install Button and look for the flashable zip file name of AICP
- Tap on the file name AICP zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AICP 15.0 on your OnePlus 8T.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy it!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AICP ROM on OnePlus 8T (kebab) successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!