Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite (Codename: ugglite) in November 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. Want to install AICP 15.0 Custom ROM on your Redmi Y1 Lite? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this guide, we will take on how to install AICP 15.0 on Redmi Y1 Lite. Now the good news is that you can enjoy Android 10 OS version on your device unofficially by installing AICP 15.0 Custom ROM.
To install AICP 15.0 on Redmi Y1 Lite, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AICP on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of AICP 15.0.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite features a 5.5 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The device is powered by Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm) processor under Adreno 308 GPU. The handset packs 16GB variant with 2GB of RAM. Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite sports a Single rear camera with 13MP camera and Single Selfie camera with 5MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 7.0 Nougat under MIUI 9.0 software package and backed by 3080 mAh battery.
Table of Contents
What is AICP ROM?
AICP also stands f0r Android ICE Cold Project which is an aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project. The ROM is first developed for the HTC Desire HD device in the year 2012. Since then AICP has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find! Currently, the ROM is based on Lineage OS with some tweaks from AOSP. AICP has lots more customization options and supports substratum officially (LOS doesn’t support it officially). AICP also comes with Magisk so you don’t need to reflash magisk when you update via OTA.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install AICP 15.0 on Redmi Y1 Lite (ugglite):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Redmi Y1 Lite (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Y1 Lite.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Redmi Y1 Lite
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- AICP 15.0 ROM: Download
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- Make sure to download all the required files and move the flashable zip files to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery menu, Tap the Install Button and look for the flashable zip file name of AICP 15.0
- Tap on the file name AICP zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AICP 15.0 on your Redmi Y1 Lite.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy it!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AICP 15.0 on Redmi Y1 Lite (ugglite) successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.