Realme X2 (Codename: X2) in September 2019. The handset came with Android 9.0 Pie. Want to install AICP Custom ROM on your Realme X2? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this guide, we will take on how to install AICP 16.1 on Realme X2. Now the good news is that you can enjoy the Android 11 OS version on your device unofficially by installing AICP 16.1 Custom ROM.
To install AICP 16.1 on Realme X2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AICP on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of AICP.
Realme X2 is powered by a Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset coupled with 6/8GB of RAM and 64/128/256GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card with up to 256 GB microSD. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under ColorOS 6.1 and backed by a 4000 mAh battery (Non-removable).As far as the camera concerned, the device has a quad-camera setup with 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 32MP lens. The Realme X2 come with a face unlock feature.
What is AICP ROM?
AICP also stands f0r Android ICE Cold Project which is an aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project. The ROM is first developed for the HTC Desire HD device in the year 2012. Since then AICP has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find! Currently, the ROM is based on Lineage OS with some tweaks from AOSP. AICP has lots more customization options and supports substratum officially (LOS doesn’t support it officially). AICP also comes with Magisk so you don’t need to reflash magisk when you update via OTA.Related Post
- Common Problems in Realme X2 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Stock ROM on Realme X2
- List of Best Custom ROM for Realme X2 [Updated]
- Download and Install AOSP Android 11 for Realme X2
- How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Realme X2 and Root it
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Realme X2 based on Android 10 Q
Steps to Install AICP 16.1 on Realme X2 (X2):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers, and things to start with.
- Supported: Realme X2 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Realme USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Realme X2.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Realme X2
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
Download AICP Custom ROM:
AICP 16.1 based on Android 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
Instructions to Install
- Make sure to download all the required files and move the flashable zip files to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery menu, Tap the Install Button and look for the flashable zip file name of AICP
- Tap on the file name AICP zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AICP 15.0 on your Realme X2.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy it!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AICP ROM on Realme X2 (X2) successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!