Want to install AICP 14.0 Custom ROM on your Yu Yureka Black (garlic)? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this guide, we will take on how to install AICP 14.0 on Yu Yureka Black. Well, Yu Yureka Black was announced in June 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Now the good news is that you can enjoy Android Pie OS version on your device unofficially by installing AICP 14.0 Custom ROM.
To install AICP 14.0 on Yu Yureka Black, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AICP on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of AICP 14.0.
What is AICP ROM?
AICP also stands f0r Android ICE Cold Project which is an aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project. The ROM is first developed for the HTC Desire HD device in the year 2012. Since then AICP has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find! Currently, the ROM is based on Lineage OS with some tweaks from AOSP. AICP has lots more customization options and supports substratum officially (LOS doesn’t support it officially). AICP also comes with Magisk so you don’t need to reflash magisk when you update via OTA.
Steps to Install AICP 14.0 on Yu Yureka Black:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Yu Yureka Black (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Yu USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Yu Yureka Black.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Yu Yureka Black
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AICP 14.0 ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.