While most of the BLU Vivo XI Plus device users are waiting for official Android 10 Q updates on their units as the device runs on Android 8.1 Oreo. But there is no official confirmation available yet whether the device is getting the latest Android version or not. But you can now enjoy the AOSP Android 10 Q for BLU Vivo XI Plus based on GSI build.
Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson for making this AOSP Android 10 GSI build for all the Project Treble supported devices. That means all the Android 8.0 Oreo or above running devices are coming under the Project Treble list. GSI stands for Generic System Image which is a system image file with unmodified AOSP code that runs on Project Treble devices as a ‘Pure Android’. So, if you’re a Custom ROM lover or waiting for Android 10 update, you can try out this Android 10 Custom ROM.
Check out the full firmware installation guide along with download links and requirements. But before going to the firmware installation guide, let’s take a quick look at the device overview below.
BLU Vivo XI Plus Specifications:
BLU Vivo XI Plus was announced in August 2018 which sports a 6.2-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels.
The device is powered by a 4x 2.0 GHz ARM Cortex-A73, 4x 2.0 GHz ARM Cortex-A53, Cores: 8 with MediaTek Helio P60 (MT6771) chipset coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a 3050 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a dual-camera setup with 16MP + 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 16MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass. etc.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 10 on BLU Vivo XI Plus
PHH’s AOSP Android 10 GSIs are still marked as a pre-release. Even on a device that runs Pie GSIs nicely, it’s still possible to get broken media, camera, RIL or even flat-out no-boot. You are strongly advised to try PHH’s original and then identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that is based on this work. Please report bugs there only if it’s specific to this GSI.
We’re at GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any kind of damage or error that occurs to your handset while or after following this guide. This is a Custom ROM and may contain some of the bugs or stability issues. We can’t recommend you to use this firmware as your daily driver. Proceed at your own risk.
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- ARM, ARM64, or x86: Check your Android Phone’s Processor
- Treble Support: Check If Your Smartphone Supports Project Treble
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
A only arm32 – arm avN
A only arm64 – arm64 avN
A/B arm64 – arm64 bvN
A/B arm32 – arm bvN
Instructions to Install: AOSP Android 10 for BLU Vivo XI PlusGuide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your BLU Vivo XI Plus handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.