In the recent past, Samsung has really upped its game of making the latest firmware or security updates available for the users. Be it Android 10 updates or providing the latest security patches, Samsung has been one of the top companies, even surpassing Google many times in terms of making the latest security update. And after a long wait, the Android 10 update with OneUI 2.0 is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. The update will be pushed via OTA in batches so, it will take some time in arriving on all the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 units. Moreover, in this guide, we will share with you the links as well as a complete guide on how you can install Android 10 OneUI 2.0 on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S4.
Google has already released the Android 11 Beta 1 update for the users and soon will be coming up with the stable release of the update. Android 10 is now almost a year older and it was launched back in September 2019. There are tons of new features on Android 10 like system-wide Dark Mode, enhanced privacy and security, new navigation gestures, new icons, Digital Wellbeing, a dedicated Focus Mode, and much more. With the help of this guide, you will be able to install the Android 10 OneUI 2.0 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
Android 10 — Overview
Android 10 has now become almost a year old operating system. You all might be pretty familiar with all the features of the Android 10 firmware. If you are coming from Android 9 Pie, then you are sure to get excited about the Android 10 features. Google, OnePlus, Essential, are some of the OEMs that made the Android 10 available for the users right after Google made it available for the users. Besides, Google also went ahead with without any dessert name for this OS and they simply called it Android 10.
Talking about Android 10 features, the update brings the very important system-wide dark mode which gives the users the ability to use the phone at night with more convenience, enhanced privacy controls, Digital Wellbeing, Focus Mode, new navigation gestures, new parental controls, new icons, new quick style menu and much more.
One UI 2.0 – Overview
Samsung ditched the TouchWiz UI and came with the One UI with the Android 9 Pie. This new custom UI was meant to make the user interface cleaner, sleeker, and more convenient for the Samsung Galaxy users. As the name suggests, One UI is meant to make the one hand operation better, and you will see certain changes made in the UI by Samsung that enables better one-hand operation. The latest version of the UI is the One UI 2.0 which is based on Android 10 and brings in a lot of new features for the users. Google’s new navigation gestures, new camera UI, in-built screen recorder, Digital Wellbeing, dark mode, enhanced privacy features, new audio, and video codecs, etc. This makes the One UI 2.0 a worthy upgrade as users will love the new changes and features that this new custom UI has to offer.
Steps to Install Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Android 10 with One UI 2.0
Before we go ahead and install the Galaxy Tab S4 Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update, let us take a look at the list of pre-requisites that are required for a smoother installation process:
- This is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged to about 50% or above.
- PC and a USB cable are required.
- Take a complete backup of your device at first to keep your data safe.
- Enter your phone into the Samsung Download Mode.
- Firmware Files:
- Samsung Kies – Download and Install the software on the computer
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on the PC
- USB Drivers: Download Samsung USB drivers
Before we begin with this guide, I would strongly recommend you to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage of your device. If anything goes wrong the author or GetDroidTips are not responsible for it.
How To Install One UI 2.0 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (Android 10)
- You need to enable USB Debugging from the Developer Options menu.
– To do that Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
– Once the Developer Option is enabled, head over to Settings>>Developer Options>>Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and extract the ODIN flash tool on your PC.
- Run the tool as an administrator.
- Boot your phone into the download mode.
– Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons until you see a download mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC via a USB cable.
- If your phone is detected, you will see a blue sign in Odin.
- Go back again to Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button.
- Make sure that the re-partition option is not ticked. Let Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be checked.
- Now press the start button and wait until the flashing is complete.
- Once you see PASS on the tool, then you can remove the device from the USB connection.
You can also watch our complete video explaining the steps mentioned above, for your reference:
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to install the Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. Note that the steps above here is only for the Galaxy Tab S4 and should not be attempted for any other phone. Let us know in the comments below if you faced any issues while flashing the update on your phone. Until the next post…Cheers!