General Mobile GM 5 Plus smartphone was launched back in February 2016 with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. If you’re using the handset and want to get a taste of the latest Android 10 OS version, then this article is for you. Here we have provided the guide on How to install AOSP Android 10 for General Mobile GM 5 Plus [GSI Treble Build].
Due to the power of Project Treble support, one of the XDA Recognized Developers phhusson has developed the AOSP based Android 10 GSI build that you can download and flash on your project treble supported devices. GSI (generic system image) is a system image file that’s a Pure Android implementation without any modifications to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code.
Even if your device is not officially supported the Android 10 update, the AOSP Android 10 GSI ROM will come in handy for you. Check out the full firmware installation process along with download links and all pre-requirements below.
General Mobile GM 5 Plus Specifications
The smartphone came with a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. It’s powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 SoC, paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard memory. The storage capacity is expandable up to 128GB via MicroSD card support.
In terms of the camera department, the handset sports a 13MP rear-facing camera and a 13MP selfie camera as well. The General Mobile GM 5 Plus runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. It’s packed with a 3,100 mAh battery.
While the device offers Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, 3G/4G, USB Type-C port, OTG, 3G/4G, a 3.5mm audio jack, and more. On the other side, the phone supports some of the major sensors like an accelerometer, ambient light, gyroscope, compass, proximity, and hall sensor.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 10 on General Mobile GM 5 Plus (shamrock)
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install: AOSP Android 10 for General Mobile GM 5 PlusGuide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your General Mobile GM 5 Plus (shamrock) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.