When it comes to Project Treble support, Google has done a remarkable job. The Android 10 Custom GSI delivers the latest Android OS version to any Project Treble supported Android devices. If you’re using the General Mobile GM 8 Go (codenamed GM8_go_sc) device then you’re eligible to flash the AOSP Android 10 GSI on your device. Sounds interesting? Let’s take a look at the steps on How to install AOSP Android 10 for General Mobile GM 8 Go [GSI Treble Build].
Early this year (2019), General Mobile brand has released its another smartphone called General Mobile GM 8 Go. It comes with Android 8.1 Oreo with entry-level low specifications. Now, if you don’t know about GSI, it’s a system image that offers unmodified AOSP code to run pure Android on project treble supported devices. It’s only possible for one of the recognized XDA Developers phhusson.
Whether your device supports the official Android 10 update or not, the Android 10 GSI build will get you covered. Here we have shared the complete instructions to install the GSI custom ROM on your General Mobile GM 8 Go. Before going to the installation section, let’s take a quick look at the device overview as well.
Table of Contents
General Mobile GM 8 Go Specifications
The device sports a 5.5-inch HD+ display with 720×1440 pixels resolution. It’s powered by the MediaTek MT6739 chipset that offers PowerVR GE8100 GPU. The handset packs quite low 1GB RAM and 16GB internal storage that can expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card.
It features Proximity, Ambient Light, an Accelerometer, Compass, and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. The device runs on Android 8.1 Oreo and packs a 13MP rear camera with a dual-LED flash. While the front features a 5MP selfie camera.
It has connectivity options like Wi-Fi, USB Type-C, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, a 3.5mm headphone jack, 4G LTE, and more. While there is a 3500mAh battery available in this device.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 10 on General Mobile GM 8 Go
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- You need to unlock the bootloader on General Mobile GM 8 Go at first.
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install: AOSP Android 10 for General Mobile GM 8 GoGuide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your General Mobile GM 8 Go handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.