Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has launched Honor 7C back in 2018 as the entry-level budget category smartphone. The handset came with Android 8.0 Oreo over EMUI 8 out-of-the-box. The device may not receive the official Android 10 update which was released recently by Google due to hardware limitations expectedly. Now, as an Honor 7C user if you want to get a taste of Android 10 at any cost, then this article is for you. Here you can Download and Install AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 7C [GSI Treble].
Now, you may ask what is GSI? The GSI or Generic System image is a system image with Pure Android implementation that’s based on an unmodified AOSP (Android Open Source Project) code. Thanks to Google for providing Project Treble support for Android 8.0 Oreo or higher version running devices. In that case, even if your device is not officially supported the newer version of Android OS, you can try the Android 10 GSI build on your phone. A big thanks to phhusson (XDA’s Recognized Developer) for making this build.
Table of Contents
Honor 7C Specifications
The Honor 7C came with a 5.99-inch IPS LCD HD+ display with 720×1440 pixels resolution. It runs on Android 8.0 Oreo on the top of EMUI 8 skin. It’s powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 SoC, paired with 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB of RAM (expandable up to 256GB). The handset sports a non-removable 3,000mAh battery.
There is a dual rear camera setup that contains a 13MP (f/2.2) and a 2MP depth sensor featuring HDR, Panorama, and LED flash. It has an 8MP (f/2.0) selfie camera with an LED flash. While the device includes Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, MicroUSB 2.0, FM Radio, etc. It also packs a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass sensor.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 7C
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install: AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 7CGuide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Huawei Honor 7C handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.