Leagoo XRover Announced in the year 2018, The device features a 5.99-inch Display, 13MP+5MP Dual Rear Camera, 6GB RAM, and 128GB ROM. As Google has launched the Android 10 update officially, now most of the users are waiting for the Android 10 update. But it’s expected that the update of the new Android OS version may not arrive in the Leagoo XRover devices. However, you can download and install AOSP Android 10 Q Update for Leagoo XRover.
Now, you may ask, how is this possible? So, to be very specific, one of the recognized XDA Developers phhusson has developed the AOSP Android 10 GSI build for the Project Treble devices. That means all the Android 8.0 Oreo or higher version running devices can easily upgrade to the AOSP Android 10 by installing the mentioned custom ROM. The GSI means Generic System Image which is a Pure Android implementation with unmodified AOSP code that can be easily run on any Project Treble supported Android devices.
Now, if you’re a Leagoo XRover device user and waiting for the official stable Android 10 update, then we will recommend you to install the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM manually by following the guide below. We have provided all the required download links and a full step-by-step guide as well.
Leagoo XRover Specifications: Overview
Talking about the specifications, Leagoo XRover features a 5.72-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 720 Pixels. It is powered by MediaTek Helio P23 MT6763V, a 64-bit Processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Leagoo XRover comes with a Dual 13MP + 5MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 8MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-Removable 5,000 mAh Lithium-Polymer Battery. Leagoo XRover also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install Android 10 ROM on Leagoo XRover
PHH’s AOSP Android 10 GSIs are still marked as a pre-release. Even on a device that runs Pie GSIs nicely, it’s still possible to get broken media, camera, RIL or even flat-out no-boot. You are strongly advised to try PHH’s original and then identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that is based on this work. Please report bugs there only if it’s specific to this GSI.
We’re at GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any kind of damage or error that occurs to your handset while or after following this guide. This is a Custom ROM and may contain some of the bugs or stability issues. We can’t recommend you to use this firmware as your daily driver. Proceed at your own risk.
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- ARM, ARM64, or x86: Check your Android Phone’s Processor
- Treble Support: Check If Your Smartphone Supports Project Treble
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:Guide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Leagoo XRover handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
If you find any problem with the latest build of Android 10 GSI, then you can report it on the official GitHub page: Click Here