If you don’t know, Google has already released the AOSP 10 Source Code after launching the Android 10 version officially. Now, if you’re a Meizu V8 user and want to try out the Android 10 right now, you can download and install AOSP Android 10 for Meizu V8 based on GSI build (Treble). The Meizu V8 smartphone released in 2018. The device sports a 5.7″ IPS LCD, It is powered with Mediatek MT6739 chipset, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM, and 13MP rear single camera.
Whether you’re an Android lover or a Custom ROM lover, if you want to experience Android 10 on Meizu V8 without wasting any more time, then you can follow the full guide below along with requirements and download links. Meanwhile, it’s quite hard to tell whether the device will receive the Android 10 update or not. So, we will recommend you to go with the Android 10 Custom ROM right now.
As the Android 8.0 Oreo or higher version running devices are Project Treble compatible, you can easily install and run the AOSP Android 10 GSI build. A big thanks to phhusson (XDA Recognized Developer) who made this possible. A Generic System Image (GSI) is a system image file with adjusted configurations for Android devices. It’s supposed as a ‘Pure Android’ implementation with an unmodified AOSP code. Now, let’s have a brief look at the device specifications below.
Meizu V8: Overview
Meizu V8 was announced in September 2018 which sports a 5.7-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. The device has an aspect ratio of 18:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 77.6 %.
This device is powered by a Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 with Mediatek MT6739 (28 nm) chipset coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card with up to 128 GB microSD. The device came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo under Flyme and backed by a 3100 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a single-camera setup with 13MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 5MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, proximity sensor, and compass. etc. The Meizu V8 come with a face unlock feature.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 10 on Meizu V8
PHH’s AOSP Android 10 GSIs are still marked as a pre-release. Even on a device that runs Pie GSIs nicely, it’s still possible to get broken media, camera, RIL or even flat-out no-boot. You are strongly advised to try PHH’s original and then identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that is based on this work. Please report bugs there only if it’s specific to this GSI.
We’re at GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any kind of damage or error that occurs to your handset while or after following this guide. This is a Custom ROM and may contain some of the bugs or stability issues. We can’t recommend you to use this firmware as your daily driver. Proceed at your own risk.
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- ARM, ARM64, or x86: Check your Android Phone’s Processor
- Treble Support: Check If Your Smartphone Supports Project Treble
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
A only arm32 – arm avN
A only arm64 – arm64 avN
A/B arm64 – arm64 bvN
A/B arm32 – arm bvN
If you want to install the Android 10 based AOSP Custom ROM on your device, then follow this guide completely. You need to flash the Custom Android 10 ROM either with TWRP or via the ADB Sideload method on your device. If there is no TWRP Recovery supported, then try the second method to flash Android 10 via ADB fastboot tool.Watch The Video on What’s New on Android 10 Video Guide for AOSP Android 10 Installation
Instructions to Install: AOSP Android 10 for Meizu V8Guide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Meizu V8 handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
If you find any problem with the latest build of Android 10 GSI, then you can report it on the official GitHub page: Click Here