In this guide, we have shared the stable Android 10 update package for OnePlus 5 and 5T with OxygenOS 10. It is no hidden trend that most of the OEMs tend to provide two years of Android upgrades (and an additional year security updates). However, OnePlus decided to make some changes to this rule, and did something that not many might have thought about. Both the OnePlus 5 and 5T were initially launched with Android 7.0 out of the box, so the update till Android 9.0 Pie was anything but obvious. But the OEM managed to surprise everyone with the announcement of the Open Beta Program for these devices, based on the latest stable Android 10.
After the third beta update landed on these devices, the writing was on the walls that the stable update is just around the corner. And now it seems the wait is finally over. Both the OnePlus 5 and 5T have now welcomed the OxygenOS 10 update on their devices, based on Android 10. Even if you haven’t received the OTA, there’s nothing to worry about. In this guide we have shared the update file link that you could directly download and install on your device. Furthermore, the installation instructions for the update are also given in detail. Follow the detailed instructions and enjoy all the new Android 10 on your OnePlus device.
- 1 Android 10: What’s New?
- 2 OxygenOS 10 (Android 10) for OnePlus 5 and 5T: Changelog
- 3 Download Android 10 for OnePlus 5 and 5T
Android 10: What’s New?
Here are some of the new features that Android 10 has bought about with itself.
Google introduced the new gesture navigations beginning with Android 10. Along the lines of Apple’s offering, it is somewhat similar. You could now perform the back action by just swiping across the left or right side of your screen, launch Google Assistant by swiping from the bottom left and right corners, etc. Furthermore, you could now swipe up from the bottom of the screen to go to the home screen or swipe up and hold to access the Recent menu.
This was perhaps the most requested feature since ages and the Silicon Valley giants finally paid heed to these requests. There is now a system-wide dark theme. Apart from that, you could find also find the Override Force dark mode settings baked into the Developer Options. This feature forces all the apps to adopt the dark mode, even if it isn’t officially supported.
New Permissions Management
Up until now, you could either Allow or Disallow certain permission when you launched any app. But beginning with Android 10, Google introduced a new option: Allow only when the app is running in the foreground. That is, as soon as you close or even minimize the app, the permission gets revoked and you will have to again give the app the required permission. In Android 10, it is still limited to Locations, but will be expanded to the camera and other domains as well, in Android 11.
Another pretty handy Accessibility feature, this option displays captions to all the videos, if it doesn’t officially support. Finally, something for the binge-watchers to enjoy about.
It is now baked into the Android OS and gives you a plethora of options to try out. For example, you could set up parental controls and even timers for each specific app. As and when the time expires, you wouldn’t be able to use it for the rest of the day.
So these were just some of the noteworthy features of Android 10. There are tons of others that you will get to know once you install the OxygenOS 10 based on Android 10 for your OnePlus 5 or 5T device.
OxygenOS 10 (Android 10) for OnePlus 5 and 5T: Changelog
The new OxygenOS 10 for both these devices have bought about some great new features. These include changes to the system, camera, game space, UI, permissions, messages, and full-screen gestures. Some other changes include Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, improved NightScape for the camera, always-on display, and edge notification light. On that note, here is the complete changelog for the Android 10 update for OnePlus 5 and 5T:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- New Game Space feature now add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages -Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
- Removed back gesture bottom of the screen
- Added back gesture on the left and right side of the phone
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Electronic image stabilization currently under optimization and will be pushed in later stabler versions. Please stay tuned
Download Android 10 for OnePlus 5 and 5T
if you are running the stable build of Android 9.0 Pie, then chances are you might have already got the latest update. Head over to Settings > System Update > Check for OTA updates. If there’s an update available, well and good, otherwise you could anyhow download the same update package from the below link as well. Once done, head over to the next section for the required instructions to install it onto your device.
- Download: OnePlus 5T OxygenOS 10 (Android 10)
If you are using the Chinese Variant, then instead of the OxygenOS, you should download the HydrogenOS builds, given below:
Now follow the below instructions to install the above update file onto your device.
- Before beginning with the steps, it is recommended to create a backup of your OnePlus device.
- Now download the update package from the above section and transfer it to the root of the Internal Storage. Make sure not to place it inside any folder.
- Go to Settings and head over to the System Update option.
- Tap on the overflow icon situated at the top-right and select the Local Upgrade option.
- Navigate to the update file and tap on Install. Wait for the process to finish. Once that is done your device will reboot to the latest Android 10.
So this was all from this guide on how to install Android 10 on your OnePlus 5 and 5T. We have shared the download links and the instructions to manually install it as well. Do let us know in the comments if you face any issues while executing any of the above-mentioned steps. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should have a look at.