Here in this guide, we will share the AOSP Android 10 for Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Android 10 is now official as Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. The Android 10 (aka Android Q) started rolling out Samsung Galaxy Alpha devices, Essential PH, Redmi K20 Pro, OnePlus 7 Pro devices. Google doesn’t come with any dessert item name for the new Android version this time and that’s a good move. If you’re new to the Android ecosystem, it’s worth mentioning that Android is an Open Source Project (AOSP) by Google. Follow this guide to download and install Android 10 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Alpha device.
The AOSP is a custom ROM which means any smartphone OEM can make or customize Android ROM according to their need via the source code. All the Custom ROM or Custom Firmware runs on Android OS version from the core but offers a different kind of user experience. Now, let’s take a look at the device specifications in brief.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha has a 4.7 inch Super AMOLED HD Display. It is powered by an Exynos 5430 Octa (20 nm) chip coupled up with the Mali-T628 MP6 GPU. The handset comes with 32GB of internal storage and runs under 2 GB of RAM for better multitasking. The Samsung Galaxy Alpha has a 12MP camera set up at the rear with f/2.2 aperture and the front facing camera has a 2.1MP shooter. The device came out of the box with Android 4.4.4 KitKat and backed by 1860 mAh removable battery.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It feature offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layer and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of Digital Wellbeing feature with enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control device or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- How To Install Official Resurrection Remix On Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy Alpha (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Download Install Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- How To Dual Boot Galaxy Alpha Using Dual Boot Patcher (Exynos)
Android 10 AOSP Custom ROM:
After the release of Android 10 officially to Pixel devices, Xiaomi and OnePlus are also providing beta builds. Now, the AOSP Custom ROM developers have developed the latest ROM version for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha devices. Now, check out the installation steps along with download links and pre-requirements below.
Steps to Install Android 10 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Alpha
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. Then you have to use this recovery to flash the ROM. However, this recovery won’t work for Pie-based ROMs. So you’ll need to use this recovery for flashing this Android 10 ROM only. But before going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- This is Android 10 based AOSP Custom ROM file and supported for Samsung Galaxy Alpha only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- Download the required TWRP file, AOSP ROM file, and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Samsung Galaxy Alpha into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.