In this guide, we will tell you how to install the Android 10 Generic System image or GSI on Huawei honor 9. With this, you can enjoy Android 10 on your Honor 9. It is based on AOSP, which allows flashing Generic System Image on a device which is Project Treble compatible. So, those devices which are quite old in the market or discontinued can no longer receive the new Android OS update. However, with GSI image based on Android 10, they can experience all the features of Android 10.
We have put up the Android 10 GSI image for Honor 9 for which we want to credit XDA developer phhusson. Also, we have put up a detailed installation guide that will help you to flash the GSI image easily. Project Treble supported devices are usually the smartphones that have run Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box or got a step up to it. So, check out how to install the Android 10 Update for Honor 9.
Huawei Honor 9 Specifications
Honor 9 from Huawei was launched back in July 2017. It comes with an IPS LCD display of 5.15-inches and a 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution. Out-of-the-box the device runs Android 7.0 Nougat which later got stepped up to Android 9.0 Pie based on EMUI 9. The device runs on an octa-core 16nm HiSilicon Kirin 960 chipset.
The HOnor 9 comes in 4 and 6 GB memory variants. Each memory variant comes with an inbuilt storage of 64 GB and 128 GB. Users can also make use of the SD card to expand the storage. In the camera section, the Honor 9 comes with a 12 + 20 MP lens combo on the rear followed by an 8MP front-face shooter. This device comes with a non-removable 3200mAh Li-ion battery with 18W fast-charging support. Huawei Honor 9 is available in Glacier Grey, Sapphire Blue, Midnight Black, Gold, Blue Bird, and Robin Egg Blue.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10. Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install Android 10 ROM on Huawei Honor 9
- You need to unlock the bootloader of Honor 9.
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Here is the guide to install AOSP Android 10 GSI on your Honor 9.How to Install Generic System image on an Android Device Video Tutorial to install GSI Android 10 on any Android device
So, that’s it guys. Install the AOSP Android 10 Update for Honor 9 and enjoy all the features of the new Android OS. We hope that this guide was useful to you.