Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite in Global variants already received an Android 10 update recently. Today Xiaomi started rolling the Android 10 update for the Global variant as well. The update is now live for the users all around the globe with software version MIUI V220.127.116.11.QFCMIXM.
The new firmware update brings stable MIUI 11 based on Android 10 along with the February 2020 Android Security Patch Level that improves the system security and offers bug fixes. It also brings notification shade, data usage & SIM card switching improvements, fixed overlapped images in the scrolling screenshots. So, it’s highly recommended to upgrade your device to this latest firmware version for more system stability and performance.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 10
- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2020. Increased system security.
- Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Data usage
- Fix: Data usage warning appeared multiple times
- Fix: Errors occurred after switching SIM cards
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
The firmware OTA update is rolling out in a phased manner and may take some time to arrive completely. So, if you’re not receiving the OTA update yet, you should check for the OTA update manually on your handset. Head over to the phone Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check for updates. Alternatively, you can directly check the OTA update from the Software Updater app.
If the latest update is available, just download and install it. Make sure to charge your phone at least up to 50% and connect to the Wi-Fi network. However, if you don’t want to wait further, you can manually sideload the Android 10 for Mi 9 Lite OTA file by downloading it.
Steps to Install Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Android 10 update (18.104.22.168.QFCMIXM)
If in case, you’re not receiving the latest firmware OTA update notification on your device, you can manually install the firmware update by following the full-depth guide below. Ensure to follow all the requirements and download links below before flashing the firmware.
- This Global Stable ROM is exclusive for the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (equuleus) Chinese variant devices.
- Make sure to charge the device more than 60% at least.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Take a full device data backup (No Root).
- Download all the necessary files or tools or drivers on your computer.
Instructions to Install:
Make sure to follow all the requirements and downloads properly. Then you can follow the below guide to install the MIUI 22.214.171.124.QFCMIXM Global Stable ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite. You can choose either Recovery method or Fastboot method according to the firmware.
Alternatively, check out the video tutorial below for visual support:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you’ve installed or updated the stable Android 10 update on your Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (equuleus) Chinese variant successfully. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comments below.