Samsung finally released Marshmallow update for Galaxy A3. Samsung started rolling out the update for Galaxy A3 to Marshmallow. This Official Stock ROM Update is rolling out in phase manner. This update is packed with many new features, Performance improvements and bug fixes. Users will receive a Popup Notification once the Update is ready to download and install. But it may take few weeks to reach all corners of the world. But if you want early access to Official Stock ROM Marshmallow then from below you can download OTA Zip file for Galaxy A3 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
In this article, we will guide you How to install Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 in Samsung Galaxy A3. This update adds many new features, Performance improvements and bug fixes. Meanwhile, you can check for the update by going to Settings –> About Phone –> System Update. If you can’t wait for the update, you can manually install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy A3. Follow the below step by step guide to manually install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy A3.
- This Method is only for Samsung Galaxy A3 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Note: Download the firmware according to your device. Check the device model no. in Settings > About or you can check in the app called Droid Info.
Steps to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy A3
- Download and Odin tool Firmware from above link
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on the Build Number 7 Times until you see a toast message “Developer options enabled“
- Go to Settings -> Developer Option -> Switch the Allow OEM Unlock.
4. Now extract the downloaded Odin tool
5. Now Run the Odin tool
6. Now reboot the Galaxy device into Download mode (By Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together) and Connect your galaxy device to PC.
7. You see in Odin tool ID: COM port turned blue color after rebooting your device to download mode. ( It is the indication that your device is successfully connected)
8. If ID: COM doesn’t show your device the check your USB drivers.
9. Now select the firmware file which is in .trat or .Md5 format to the AP/PDA tab in Odin Tool.
10. Make sure that only these two options are checked “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
11. Now click on “Star” Button and wait until you see “Pass” in Odin tool.