Updated on May 22, 2017 : Today AOKP Team has added the latest nightly and stable build based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Moto Z. Check out the download link to download AOKP OS On Moto Z.
Ever wondered how you can install latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Moto Z (Griffin) ? then here you are! In this guide you will learn How to Download and Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Moto Z (Griffin). This ROM is based on AOKP OS which is quite famous with its custom made features from all CM, Lineage, Slim, Omni AOSPA, etc. Full Credits to Shreps, Recognized Developer of XDA Forum who has built and maintained this ROM for Moto Z.
Now you can install Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM on Moto Z by following our simple guide. As we say Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Moto Z, this ROM is not an official Android 7.1.2 Nougat from the Company. But you can install this official AOKP OS on Moto Z. This is a Custom ROM built from Android Open Source Code. You may find bugs or lag, if you do then you can always revert back to Stock or any other custom ROM for Moto Z Griffin.
Download And Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Moto Z (Custom ROM, AOKP)
Remember this is a stable build of Official AOKP OS on Moto Z. This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try Android 7.0 OS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Moto Z based AOKP OS.
To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Moto Z or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install Custom Recovery on your Moto Z.
What Is In Android 7.1.2 Nougat And Its Feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on Moto Z (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
ALSO RELATED POST :
- Top 10 Smartphones under Rs 30,000 in India
- Android O: Everything You need to know, Release Date, Features and Pictures
- How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Moto Z Play
- How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Moto Z
- Download Install NPL25.86-30 Nougat Firmware On Moto Z XT1650-03
Steps for How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Moto Z (Custom ROM, AOKP)
- First of all, Download the AOKP OS Zip and GAPPS Zip file from the below given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded AOKP OS and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the AOKP OS zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Moto Z (Custom ROM, AOKP) Successfully.
Steps for How to Root Moto Z :
In Case if you didn’t find the root, Here is the step for how to root Moto Z running AOKP OS, This step is simple just like you installed the Custom ROM.