Now you can enjoy the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xiaomi Mi 6. We had already shared some custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6, So check out this link to install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6. If you are here for the first time, then read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you are trying to install Custom ROM for the first time, then please make sure you install the TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone. If you are here to install the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat, then here you are!.
In this guide you will learn How to Download and Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xiaomi Mi 6. This ROM is based on AICP OS which is quite famous with its custom made features from all CM, Lineage, Slim, Omni AOSPA, etc. Now you can install Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6 by following our simple guide. This ROM is not an official Android 7.1.2 Nougat from Lenovo Company. But you can install this AICP OS on Xiaomi Mi 6. This is a Custom ROM built from Android Open Source Code. You may find bugs or lag, if you do then you can always revert back to Stock or any other custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6.
Table of Contents
Download Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Xiaomi Mi 6 (Custom ROM, AICP)
Remember this is a stable build of unofficial AICPOS on Xiaomi Mi 6. This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try Android 7.0 OS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xiaomi Mi 6 based AICP OS.
To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xiaomi Mi 6 or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install Custom Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 6.
What Is AICPOS?
AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!! Until Lollipop,the rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features. If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or CM team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn’t CM supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!
What Is In Android 7.1 Nougat And Its Feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- How to port Android O Pixel Launcher on Any Phone!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Download and Install Android O Pixel Launcher on Your Android!!
- How to install Android O developer preview!!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
Check this post :
- How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 6
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Xiaomi Mi 6
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Xiaomi Mi 6
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Xiaomi Mi 6
- This will work on Xiaomi Mi 6 (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Xiaomi Mi 6 Stock Firmware Collections
- A Guide to Download and Install Google Apps for Xiaomi Mi 6
- How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Xiaomi Mi 6
- Download Latest Stock Wallpapers from Xiaomi Mi 6
- Download And Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 China Stable ROM For Mi 6
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 6
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Mi 6
Here is the Full Guide on How to Install AICP OS For Xiaomi Mi 6:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Xiaomi Mi 6
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide.
- Download the below AICP OS ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AICP OS on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes To: thune-xiaobai, vgdn1942 , DanWard, Fabian | Offain