Earlier we had shared the unofficial Linage OS 15.0 for Galaxy S6 (G920x) based on Oreo. Today we have the first AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S6 (G920x). A few days back, Google unwrapped the latest Android O known as Android 8.0 Oreo. We have already listed the supported device to receive the Android 8.0 Oreo. After the release of Android Oreo AOSP Source code, we always expect some developer in the community to develop the unofficial build to our release before the manufacturer does. Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S6 (G920x) (AOSP Custom ROM).
Today I will share the link to download the Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S6 (G920x). This ROM is an unofficial version of Android 8.0 Oreo built from the scratch by XDA Member lukasb06. Full Credits to him for making a build of AOSP Android Oreo for Samsung Galaxy S6. This ROM is under development. So in case if you find any bugs you can report to the source.
Remember this is in a development stage and may find some bugs, you can report it here so that developer can see the problem and fix it. Hope this will become more stable as day pass with the development.
Install Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S6 (G920x) (AOSP Custom ROM)
Now the good news is you can experience the real baked Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6. As we know, Samsung Galaxy S6 will not get the official Android 8.0 Oreo update, so they have to stay with Android Marshmallow.
Download now and enjoy the latest build of Android 8.0 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6. To install this ROM on Google Galaxy S6, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery. We also shared officially Supported device list of Android Oreo and also Supported device list of LineageOS 15.0.
What’s in Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Also Check: Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo
- This will work on Samsung Galaxy S6 (G920x) (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Here Is The Full Guide On How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Galaxy S6:
- First of all, install TWRP Recovery using this full guide.
- Download the below Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S6.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- How to Install crDroid OS For Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- Download and Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Samsung Galaxy S6
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S6 (All Variant)
- How To Install Lineage OS 15 For Samsung Galaxy S6
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Android 8.0 Oreo on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.