Nexus 6PP received the Oreo update along with Pixel devices. Today we have the first Custom ROM based on AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Nexus 6P (angler). A few days back, Google unwrapped the latest Android O known as Android 8.0 Oreo. We have already listed the supported device to receive the Android 8.0 Oreo. After the release of Android Oreo AOSP Source code, we always expect some developer in the community to develop the unofficial build to our release before the manufacturer does. Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Nexus 6P (angler) (AOSP Custom ROM).
Today I will share the link to download the Android 8.0 Oreo for Nexus 6P (angler). This ROM is an unofficial version of Android 8.0 Oreo built from the scratch by XDA Senior member Agent_fabulous . Full Credits to him for making a build of AOSP Android Oreo for Google Nexus 6P. This ROM is very stable just like Stock Firmware.
Remember this is in a development stage and may find some bugs, you can report it here so that developer can see the problem and fix it. Hope this will become more stable as day pass with the development.
Install Android 8.0 Oreo for Nexus 6P (angler) (AOSP Custom ROM)
Download now and enjoy the latest build of Android 8.0 Oreo on Google Nexus 6P. To install this ROM on Google Nexus 6P, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery. We also shared officially Supported device list of Android Oreo and also Supported device list of LineageOS 15.0.
What’s in Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Also Check: Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo
- This will work on Nexus 6P (angler) (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Here Is The Full Guide On How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Nexus 6P:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 6P
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide.
- Download the below Android 8.0 Oreo for Nexus 6P.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Install Vendor image for Nexus 6P – Download
Download AOSPExtended (Android 8.0 Oreo)
Download Lineage OS 15 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Android 8.0 Oreo on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: Development Page