Looking For Android Oreo Update for OnePlus One ? Then you are the right place. Finally, we have the first Custom AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for OnePlus One (Bacon). A few days back, Google unwrapped the latest Android O known as Android 8.0 Oreo. We have already listed the supported device to receive the Android 8.0 Oreo. After the release of Android Oreo AOSP Source code, we always expect some developer in the community to develop the unofficial build to our release before the manufacturer does. Download Android 8.0 Oreo for OnePlus One (AOSP Custom ROM)
Today I will share the link to download the Android 8.0 Oreo for OnePlus One (Bacon). This ROM is an unofficial version of Android 8.0 Oreo built from the scratch by XDA Senior member Agent_fabulous. Full Credits to him for developing Android Oreo for OnePlus One. This ROM is under development. So in case if you find any bugs you can report to the source. This is not yet ready for daily use. You can just try this ROM on your OnePlus One by following the below guide.
Recommended: Make sure to take full backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
Remember this is in a development stage and may find some bugs, you can report it here so that developer can see the problem and fix it. Hope this will become more stable as day pass with the development.
Table of Contents
Guide to Install Android 8.0 Oreo for OnePlus One (AOSP Custom ROM)
Now the good news is you can experience the real baked Oreo on OnePlus One (Bacon). As we know, OnePlus One will not get the official Android 8.0 Oreo update, so they have to stay with Android Marshmallow.
Download now and enjoy the latest build of Android 8.0 Oreo on OnePlus One. To install this ROM on OnePlus One, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery. We also shared officially Supported device list of Android Oreo and also Supported device list of LineageOS 15.0.
What’s in Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Also Check: Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo
- Boot : Okay - GApps : Unknown - Bluetooth : Working - WiFi : Working - WiFi Hotspot : Working - RIL - Phone - Data : Working - GPS : Working - Camera - Camcorder: Disabled - Sensors : Working - Display : Working - Touchscreen : Working - Vibrator : Working - Microphone : Working - Audio : Working - Music : Working - Audio Playback: Working - Video Playback: Broken - Bluetooth audio : Working - NFC : Working - Kernel : Fairly Stable - Graphics : Ok - 3D Rendering : Ok - Offline Charging : Ok - USB : Ok - Encryption : Unknown - SEPolicies : Permissive - Oppo common gestures: Working - Ambient Display: Working - HW keys and navbar: (see below)
- This will work on OnePlus One (Bacon) (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Here Is The Full Guide On How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo On OnePlus One:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus One
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide.
- Download the below Android 8.0 Oreo for OnePlus One.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Android 8.0 Oreo on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.