Finally, The wait is over. BQ rolled Android 8.1 Oreo update for BQ Aquaris V Plus smartphone. The update brings all the new interface and Oreo features. If you are running the Android 7.0 Nougat, then you must give a try for the new baked sweet of Android known as Android Oreo. Along with this update, you will also get the latest Security Patch and other bug fixes. Now you can download and install the Official Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware on BQ Aquaris V Plus.
BQ company has skipped the Android 8.0 Oreo update and directly bumped the oreo version to Android 8.1 on BQ Aquaris V Plus. Thanks to the big support for the BQ fans out there.
If we speak about the specifications, BQ Aquaris V Plus features a 5.5-inch full HD LTPS IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435 paired by 3/4GB of RAM and Adreno 505 GPU for better multitasking. It also packs a 32/64GB internal storage and it can be extended up to 256GB via microSD card. The Camera on the BQ Aquaris V Plus packs a 12MP primary camera on the rear with LED dual-tone flash and 8MP front shooter for selfies. The BQ Aquaris V Plus runs on the Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system on top and is powered by Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the Back.
Follow our guide on how to upgrade from Android 7.0 Nougat to Android 8.1 Oreo on BQ Aquaris V Plus variant. The guide is simple and easy! All you need is to download the ROM package and other pre-required tools and drivers. Before upgrading the Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware on BQ Aquaris V Plus, let’s brief what comes with Android Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
The Advantage Of Stock Firmware:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your BQ Aquaris V Plus
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade BQ Aquaris V Plus
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on BQ Aquaris V Plus
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware on BQ Aquaris V Plus
Before following the guide below, make sure to download the pre-required download package, drivers and tools to install.
- ROM is supported only on BQ Aquaris V Plus
- To update BQ Aquaris V Plus, you need either a PC or laptop.
- Before upgrading, make sure to charge your phone at least 50% or more
- Take a complete backup before installing Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware on BQ Aquaris V Plus [This method may wipe all your data]
Required Tools and Drivers:
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool
- You need download BQ Aquaris V Plus USB Drivers [Here you can Download Android USB Drivers]
- You should unlock the bootloader on BQ Aquaris V Plus
- Download Android 8.1 Firmware package: Download [BQ Firmware: 2.3.0]
Instructions to Install:
To install the Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware on BQ Aquaris V Plus, we have a separate guide on how to flash via SP Flash tool. You can even watch the video on how to upgrade using SP flash tool.
- Make sure to download and extract the ADB and fastboot in your windows
- Once you have done, now extract the download firmware zip to the same adb folder
- Now hold the SHIFT key and Right click on the mouse to open the command window/PowerShell
- Now type the command given below to start flashing the firmware on your device
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot reboot
- enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo.
I hope you installed the 8.1 Oreo on BQ Aquaris V Plus successfully, Now please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.