Huawei P20 Lite was launched in March 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Are you looking to install the stable version of Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei P20 Lite? then you are in the right place. Today we will guide you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei P20 Lite smartphone.
Huawei P20 Lite was launched in March 2018. Huawei P20 Lite features a 5.84-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei P20 Lite comes with Dual 16 MP + 2 MP with LED flash rear camera and 16MP + 24MP front shooting camera for selfies. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo and backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 9V/2A. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
If you are here for the first time to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei P20 Lite, you can read our article to know the difference between custom ROM and stock ROM. To install a custom ROM, you have to unlock bootloader and you must have the latest TWRP Recovery on your phone. In case if you have all this, then installing Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery is simple. You can follow our tutorial on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery.
[su_note note_color=”#f6f8b7″ text_color=”#000000″]Note: This is not an official firmware from Huawei. This is a Custom ROM. [/su_note]
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo:
After rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo, we know that Google will surely come up with the latest version which will improve the features which were implemented in Android 8.0 version.
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
|Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android Oreo|
Download ROM and Gapps Here
|DotOS 8.1 Oreo||Download|
|CrDroid OS 8.1 Oreo||Download|
Any Of the Gapps Below
Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported any Android 8.1]
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei P20 Lite:
Follow our below guide to install the Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei P20 Lite. Simply download the below given ROM and Gapps file to experience the Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei P20 Lite smartphone. To install any Custom firmware on Huawei P20 Lite, you should have TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery.
Before grabbing the download link and installing the custom ROM, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites.
- How To Install dotOS on Huawei P20 Lite (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download PixysOS on Huawei P20 Lite with Android 9.0 Pie
- Download November 2018 Security for Huawei P20 Lite [ANE-L01 / L21]
- How To Install crDroid OS Oreo on Huawei P20 Lite (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- ByPass FRP lock or Remove Google Account on Huawei P20 Lite [ANE]
- This ROM is for Huawei P20 Lite (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download and Install Huawei USB Drivers.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory or SD Card.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P20 Lite
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Huawei P20 Lite. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Huawei P20 Lite.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]
Don’t flash SuperSU if you want to try Magisk Root on your phone
- List of Supported devices for AOSiP OS (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release