Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (codename: chiron) launched in September 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat. Are you looking to install the stable version of Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2? then you are at the right place. Today we will guide you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 smartphone.
Talking about the specifications, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 features a 5.99-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 6/8GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128/256GB internal memory. The camera on the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 comes with 12MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 9V/2A (Quick Charge 3.0). It Also has Fingerprint on the back.
If you are here for the first time to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, then let us make things more clear. It’s been few months, the developers are struggling to bring stable build of Android 8.1 Oreo to many supported devices. Earlier we had shared some of the custom ROM known as Lineage OS 15.1, Pixel Experience ROM, AOSiP, OmniROM, Resurrection Remix Oreo etc based on Android 8.1 Oreo. You can simply check out the link to see if you have your device in it.
Android 8.1 Oreo and Features:
Well, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo which was released in August 2017. The Android Oreo is the 8th iteration of Android OS and comes with many new features such as New emoji, picture-in-picture mode, multi-window, Better public Wi-Fi connections, Revamped notifications, Notification Dots, Notification channels, Google Play Protect, Project Treble, Autofill, smart text selection, Better battery life and performance and also new Settings menu and other UI tweaks. After rolling the 8.1 Oreo, Google also pushed the Android 8.1 Oreo branch tree to Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android Oreo
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2:
Follow our below guide to install the Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. Simply download the below given ROM and Gapps file to experience the PURE Android Oreo Stock build on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 smartphone. To install any Custom firmware on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, you should have TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery.
Before grabbing the download link and installing the custom ROM, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites.
- This ROM is for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your complete ROM before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- If you have root installed, then take backup of all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock/Bootloop]
- How To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Common Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Problems and Fixes : WiFi, Bluetooth, Charging, Battery and more
- How To Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 with Full Root Guide (chiron)
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Download The ROM and Gapps
|Lineage OS 15.1||Download|
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Link to Install
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]
Don’t flash SuperSU if you want to try Magisk Root on your phone
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release