UMiDIGI A3 was launched in September 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Are you looking to install the stable version of Android 8.1 Oreo on UMiDIGI A3? then you are at the right place. Today we will guide you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on UMiDIGI A3 smartphone.
If you are here for the first time to install Android 8.1 Oreo on UMiDIGI A3, you can read our article to know the difference between custom ROM and stock ROM. To install a custom ROM, you have to unlock bootloader and you must have latest TWRP Recovery on your phone. In case if you have all this, then installing Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery is simple. You can follow our tutorial on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery.
What's in Android 8.1 Oreo:
After rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo, we know that Google will surely come up with the latest version which will improve the features which were implemented in Android 8.0 version.
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn't mean Android 8.1 doesn't include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
|Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android Oreo|
Download ROM and Gapps Here
Any Of the Gapps Below
Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported any Android 8.1]
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on UMiDIGI A3:
Follow our below guide to install the Android 8.1 Oreo on UMiDIGI A3. Simply download the below given ROM and Gapps file to experience the Android 8.1 Oreo on UMiDIGI A3 smartphone. To install any Custom firmware on UMiDIGI A3, you should have TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery.
Before grabbing the download link and installing the custom ROM, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites.
- Download and Update ArrowOS on UMiDIGI A3 with Android 9.0 Pie
- Download AOSPExtended for UMiDIGI A3 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on UMiDIGI A3 and Root your Phone
- How to Install Stock ROM on Umidigi A3 [Firmware Flash File]
- This ROM is for UMiDIGI A3 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download and Install Latest UMiDIGI USB Drivers.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory or SD Card.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on UMiDIGI A3
- Now install TWRP Recovery for UMiDIGI A3. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for UMiDIGI A3.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)