Last updated on May 2nd, 2019 at 05:19 pm
Here in this guide, we will help you to install the unofficial version of AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Sony Xperia XA2 (codenamed pioneer). Yes, the update is based on the latest AOSP Source code based on Android OS 8.1 Oreo.
Sony launched the latest smartphone with the XA series known as Sony Xperia XA2 in January 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Recently the device got the TWRP Recovery support. So In this guide, we will help you to install the unofficial port of AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer).
Talking about the device specifications, Xperia XA2 comes with a full HD 5.2-inch display. coming into the camera department an impressive 23 MP sensor at the rear and an 8 MP sensor for perfect selfies. Out of the box, the Xperia XA2 users can experience the latest Android Oreo operating system. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor coupled with a 3GB RAM and 32 GB ROM with an expandable memory support up to 256 GB. The handset is backed by a huge 3300 mAh battery with quick charging support.
If you are here for the first time to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Sony Xperia XA2, you can read our article to know the difference between custom ROM and stock ROM. To install a custom ROM, you have to unlock bootloader and you must have latest TWRP Recovery on your phone. In case if you have all this, then installing Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery is simple. You can follow our tutorial on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery.
[su_note note_color=”#f6f8b7″ text_color=”#000000″]Note: This is not an official firmware from Sony. This is a Custom ROM. [/su_note]
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo:
After rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo, we know that Google will surely come up with the latest version which will improve the features which were implemented in Android 8.0 version.
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android 8.1 Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
|Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android Oreo|
According to this official page, almost everything seems to be fine.
Download ROM and Gapps Here
Any Of the Gapps Below
Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported any Android 8.1]
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Sony Xperia XA2 :
Follow our below guide to install the Android 8.1 Oreo on Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer). Simply download the below given ROM zip and Gapps file to experience the Android 8.1 Oreo on Sony Xperia XA2 smartphone. To install any Custom firmware on Sony Xperia XA2, you should have TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery.
Before grabbing the download link and installing the custom ROM, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites.
- This ROM is for Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory or SD Card.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia XA2
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Sony Xperia XA2. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download and Setup the ADB and Fastboot on your PC
- Download the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo for Sony Xperia XA2.
- Now boot your phone into fastboot mode
- Unpack the ROM zip file in the same adb folder on your PC
- Open the adb command or shell window by holding the SHIFT Key and right-clicking the mouse on your pc
- Run these commands:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
(it’s not necessary to flash userdata every time)
- You can now install the Gapps file by booting to TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]
Don’t flash SuperSU if you want to try Magisk Root on your phone
- List of Supported devices for AOSiP OS (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release