Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (codename: Z00L/Z00T) launched in June 2013. launched in January 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4.4 Kitkat and later upgrade to Android 5.1 Lollipop. Are you looking to install the stable version of Android 8.1 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T)? then you are at the right place. Today we will guide you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser smartphone.
If you are here for the first time to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser, you can read our article to know the difference between custom ROM and stock ROM. To install a custom ROM, you have to unlock bootloader and you must have latest Oreo supported TWRP Recovery on your phone. In case if you have all this, then installing Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery is simple. You can follow our tutorial on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery.
[su_note note_color=”#f6f8b7″ text_color=”#000000″]Note: This is not the official firmware from Asus. This is a Custom Firmware [/su_note]
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo
After rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo, we know that Google will surely come up with the latest version which will improve the features which were implemented in Android 8.0 version.
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
|Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android Oreo|
Download ROM and Gapps Here
|Lineage OS 15.1||Download|
Any Of the Gapps Below
Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported any Android 8.1]
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser :
Follow our below guide to install the Android 8.1 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser. Simply download the below given ROM and Gapps file to experience the Android 8.1 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser smartphone. To install any Custom firmware on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser, you should have TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery.
Before grabbing the download link and installing the custom ROM, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites.
- This ROM is for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory or SD Card.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]
Don’t flash SuperSU if you want to try Magisk Root on your phone
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release