Here we will guide you on how to download and install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Asus Zenfone Live L1 (ZA550KL). This ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie GSI with Treble Enabled. GSI stands for a Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that such software images could be installed on any Treble-enabled device, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to. We already shared the complete list of devices supported for Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI).
Now we have a good news for Asus Zenfone Live L1 users. You can now download and install the AOSP Android Pie 9.0 GSI on Asus Zenfone Live L1 (ZA550KL). Full Credits to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson who is the great man behind the work of Project Treble GSI build. Recently, The ROM development community has completely boosted Custom ROM development with the help of Project treble. We’ve seen the Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Mokee OS, Pixel Experience has made their way to support most of the budget device based on Kirin, Exynos, Lineage, and other obscure brands.
To install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Asus Zenfone Live L1 (ZA550KL), your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery or you can flash via ADB sideload method. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Android 9.0 Pie on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
Guide to Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Asus Zenfone Live L1 (ZA550KL)
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus Zenfone Live L1.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide. This ROM may or may not be completely stable and we don’t recommend you to try this ROM as a daily driver. So far this ROM worked smoothly on many devices.
- Supported on Asus Zenfone Live L1 (ZA550KL)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- Download Asus USB Drivers and Install on your PC
- You need to unlock the bootloader on Mediatek device. [Most Mediatek device comes with bootloader unlock]
- [su_tooltip style=”tipsy” position=”north” content=”If there is no TWRP support or you don’t want to install, then follow the second method.”]Install the latest TWRP recovery on Asus Zenfone Live L1. [via TWRP Method] [/su_tooltip]
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [via ADB Sideload Method]
arm = 32 bit arm processor
arm64 = 64 bit arm processor
aonly = a partition scheme
ab = ab partition scheme
vanilla = there is no Gapps installed
Gapps = Gapps are installed
floss = an open source alternative to Gapps
SU = superuser (root)
noSU = no superuser (no root)
You need only the GAPPS version to download and install AOSP Android Pie. Vanilla is basically plain w/o GAPPS, and FLOSS is with Open Source alternatives to the GAPPS.
If you face bootloop then flash the Vanilla version and then you can install the OpenGapps or any other alternative Gapps.
Instructions to Flash:
To flash the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Asus Zenfone Live L1 (ZA550KL), you can either use the TWRP Recovery method or you can flash via ADB Sideload method. If you already have, then make sure to download the above-given links.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Asus Zenfone Live L1 Internal storage.
- You can now extract the GSI and vendor+boot zips [Complete Guide on How to extract any Zip file on Android devices.]
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Android Pie 9.0 on Asus Zenfone Live L1.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Android 9.0 Pie on Asus Zenfone Live L1 (ZA550KL) based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the AOSP 9.0 Phh-Treble thread in XDA and report your issue.
Asus ZenFone Live L1 Specifications
Talking about the specifications, Asus ZenFone Live L1 features a 5.5 inches IPS display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 Processor coupled with 1/2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32GB internal memory with an expandable storage support of 512GB via microSD card. The camera on the Asus ZenFone Live L1 comes with a 13MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 5MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.