Finally, The wait is over. BQ rolled Android 9.0 Pie update for BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro smartphone. The update brings all the new interface and Pie features. If you are running the Android Oreo, then you must give a try for the new baked sweet of Android known as Android Pie. Along with this update, you will also get the latest Security Patch and other bug fixes. Now you can download and install the Official Android 9.0 Pie Firmware on BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro.
Follow our guide on how to upgrade from Android 8.1 Oreo to Android 9.0 Pie on BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro variant. The guide is simple and easy! All you need is to download the ROM package and other pre-required tools and drivers. Before upgrading the Android 9.0 Pie Firmware on BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro, let’s brief what comes with Android 9.0 Pie.
- What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
- The Advantage Of Stock Firmware:
- Steps to Install Android 9.0 Pie Firmware on BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
The Advantage Of Stock Firmware:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
Steps to Install Android 9.0 Pie Firmware on BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro
Before following the guide below, make sure to download the pre-required download package, drivers and tools to install.
- ROM is supported only on BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro
- To update BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro, you need either a PC or laptop.
- Before upgrading, make sure to charge your phone at least 50% or more
- Take a complete backup before installing Android 9.0 Pie Firmware on BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro [This method may wipe all your data]
Method 1: Instructions to Install:
- To install the Android 9.0 Pie Firmware on BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro, First, download the package and move it to the device internal storage.
- Now go to “Settings” -> “System Update” -> “Upper Right Function Button” -> “Local Upgrade”. After selecting the SD card package, click “Install Now” and wait patiently for the upgrade to complete.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via Flash tool:
Download the tool, drivers and ROM file and create a new folder on your PC. Now follow the below procedure on how to install the Stock firmware using BQ Firmware Flash Tool.
To install manually, download BQ Flash tool and flash the firmware manually on your device.
Method 3: Instructions to Install via ADB:
- Download ADB and fastboot tool for your PC.
- Extract the adb and fastboot tool and then open the folder.
- Boot your device into download mode or fastboot mode.
- Press and hold shift key and click on right mouse button anywhere inside the folder to open a command window.
- Now in the command window, type
- If your device id is shown, then enter the following detail to flash the images
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- That’s it! Enjoy the Android Pie update.
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QFil:
I hope you installed the Android 9.0 Pie on BQ Aquaris X2 / X2 Pro successfully, Now please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.