Waiting for Official Android 9.0 Pie update for LeEco Le Max 2? Then your wait will be eternal. Currently, LeEco has stopped supporting the new OS update for this device. If you want to try custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie AOSP? then you are in the right place.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Talking about the specifications, LeEco Le Max 2 features a 5.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64/128GB internal memory. The camera on the LeEco Le Max 2 comes with 21MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery with Fast battery charging: (Quick Charge 2.0). It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
When will LeEco release Android 9.0 Pie update for LeEco Le Max 2?
LeEco Le Max 2 launched in April 2016. The device came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. LeEco will not support the Android 9.0 Pie update for LeEco Le Max 2. You can check out the List of Android 9 Pie Supported Devices.
But you can install the Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) on LeEco Le Max 2.
- Download latest Leeco USB drivers and installation guide
- Lineage OS 16 : List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features, and Downloads
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.Watch The Android 9.0 Pie Features
Check out the Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie on LeEco Le Max 2?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on LeEco Le Max 2.
- Supported on LeEco Le Max 2
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on LeEco Le Max 2 (x2)
- Flash the 26S modem, if you don’t know what is that, flash it! Click Here
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on LeEco Le Max 2.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member Lucchetto00]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
- Note: First boot can take some time. They may even loop a few times…
Instructions to Install on LeEco Le Max 2:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on LeEco Le Max 2.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on LeEco Le Max 2:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for LeEco Le Max 2.
- Update Android 8.1 Oreo based AOSPExtended Oreo on LeEco Le Max 2
- Download and Install AOKP 8.1 Oreo for LeEco Le Max 2 (x2)
- Download and Install Bootleggers ROM on LeEco Le Max 2 [8.1 Oreo]
- Download and Update crDroid OS Oreo on LeEco Le Max 2 Android 8.1
- Download and Install Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on LeEco Le Max 2 [Android 8.1]
- Update CarbonROM on LeEco Le Max 2 based on Android 8.1 Oreo