Lenovo Zuk Z1 (codename: ham) was launched in August 2015. The device came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Lenovo currently stopped support for this device. But today we have something new unofficial. Yes, now you can upgrade Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo Zuk Z1.
Talking about the specifications, Zuk Z1 features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory. The camera on the Zuk Z1 comes with 13MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4100 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a fingerprint sensor in the front.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Table of Contents
When will Google release Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo Zuk Z1?
Lenovo launched this device in August 2015 with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgraded till Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Lenovo has stopped sending new OS update for this device. Good news is that you can try the custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update. The developers are working currently to get a beta build of Android 9.0 Pie for this device. Check out the below instructions on how to try AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Lenovo Zuk Z1 (ham).
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Watch our video to know what’s new in Android 9.0 Pie and top features on it.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0&t=10s” controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo Zuk Z1?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Zuk Z1.
- Supported on Lenovo Zuk Z1 (ham)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Unlock The Bootloader on Lenovo Zuk Z1 device
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Lenovo Zuk Z1.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer shubhambhise]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install on Lenovo Zuk Z1:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Lenovo Zuk Z1.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Lenovo Zuk Z1:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo Zuk Z1.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Lenovo Zuk Z1 [Updated]
- Update Android 8.1 Oreo based Pixel Experience ROM on Lenovo Zuk Z1 (ham)
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Lenovo ZUK Z1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Supported TWRP Recovery For OnePlus Devices
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported OnePlus devices
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)