Last updated on May 2nd, 2019 at 05:17 pm
Samsung Galaxy Alpha (sltecan) launched in August 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4.4 KitKat and later upgraded to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Here we will guide you on how to download and install Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha has a 4.7 inch Super AMOLED HD Display. It is powered by an Exynos 5430 Octa (20 nm) chip coupled up with the Mali-T628 MP6 GPU. The handset comes with 32GB of internal storage and runs under 2 GB of RAM for better multitasking. The Samsung Galaxy Alpha has a 12MP camera set up at the rear with f/2.2 aperture and the front facing camera has a 2.1MP shooter. The device came out of the box with Android 4.4.4 KitKat and backed by 1860 mAh removable battery.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie Update for Samsung Galaxy Alpha?
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
- Supported on Samsung Galaxy Alpha (sltecan)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- Your device must be bootloader unlocked.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie Update for Samsung Galaxy Alpha:
Version Developer Name: Lineage OS 16 for Samsung Galaxy Alpha XDA Developer: kyasu
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install:
- Move the download Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie Update on Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Samsung Galaxy Alpha:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy Alpha.