Here we will guide you on how to download and install Android 9.0 Pie update for Sony Xperia X Performance (dora). You can enjoy the real sweet of Android Pie with this Ported ROM.
To install Android 9.0 Pie on Xperia X Performance, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Android 9.0 Pie on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie update for Sony Xperia X Performance?
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for Sony Xperia X Performance.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia X Performance (dora).
- Supported on Sony Xperia X Performance (dora)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your Sony Xperia X Performance.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Sony Xperia X Performance.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie update for Sony Xperia X Performance :
Build Name Developer AOSP Build Developer NielDK
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and Extract the ADB Fastboot on your PC in C:/Drive
- Now extract the downloaded AOSP build on the same ADB Fastboot folder
- Turn off your device and boot into fastboot mode
- Once you have booted, connect your device to PC using the USB cable
- On your PC in the same ADB Folder, Hold the Shift key and Right click on the mouse and Open the CMD or Powershell Window
- Now enter the below command to flash the AOSP on your Sony Xperia X Performance
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
- Once you have flashed the AOSP build, download the SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_188.8.131.52_R1_V1_TONE_ BETA.ZIP
- Unpack / Extract in the ADB Folder
- Again enter the below command in the PowerShell to flash the extracted vendor image
fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_184.108.40.206_r1_v1_tone_ beta.img
- That’s it! Now reboot and enjoy Android 9.0 Pie on your device.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Sony Xperia X Performance :
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install Magisk root on your phone.
If you don’t want Magisk rooting guide, then you can try SuperSU Root on Android Pie ROM.
Hope this guide was helpful to install Android 9.0 Pie update for Sony Xperia X Performance (dora).