Lenovo (aka Motorola) has announced that the Moto G4 and G4 Plus smartphones will start receiving the Android Nougat 7.0 update. Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus smartphones were launched with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box and first two smartphones to receive Android Nougat 7.0 update (After Nexus Devices). Moto G4 Plus is treated to an Android Nougat 7.0 soak test in Brazil.
Android Nougat 7.0 is packed with new features which include
- Multi-Window view
- New emojis
- Doze on the Go
- Improved Notifications
- Quick Switching between apps
- Direct reply from Notifications
- File-based Encryption
- Quick Settings Toggle
How to Update Moto G4 Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat Manually
The update is rolling out via OTA (Over the Air) but for those who hungry to taste the sweetness of Android Nougat can Manually Upgrade the OS of Moto G4 Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat. Download Android Nougat 7.0 .ZIP from below.
- This Update is only for XT1643, XT1642, XT1640, XT1626 and XT1622 Moto G4 Plus variants.
- Need to be in stock ROM with latest marshmallow update.
- Copy the Downloaded Zip file to SD Card.
- Make sure that you have done complete BACKUP before proceeding.
- Giveawaytricks is not responsible for any damage/Brick to your phone.
- Maintain 50% – 60% battery level to prevent sudden shutdown while upgrading
Follow below steps to Update Moto G4 Plus to Android Nougat 7.0
- Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Tap on Build Number 7 Times.
- Go to Developer Options –> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now Reboot Moto G4 Plus to Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from SD Card.
- Select the Downloaded ZIP file from SD Card.
- Wait until Installation process Completes.
- Once the Installation completed. Reboot the Phone.
Now Enjoy the Sweet Nougat.
Let us know your feedback on new update to Android Nougat in the comments section below.