Today we have a good news for all Lenovo P2 P2a42 users. Now you can enjoy the latest Android Nougat firmware on your smartphone. Today Lenovo has started seeding the latest Android 7.0 Nougat update for Lenovo P2 device with P2a42 variants in India. The new update of Android 7.0 Nougat for Lenovo P2 weighs around 2GB which comes with software version P2a42_S232_170320_ROW. The update has been started to roll out via OTA (over-the-air) for users in India, you will receive the notification of the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on lenovo P2 anytime soon. As per a report, Many users in India has started receiving the Nougat OTA update on Lenovo P2. To receive the Android Nougat update on Lenovo P2, your phone must be running Stock Android without root or any customization.
Lenovo P2 came out of box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. This is a major update for Lenovo P2 users after staying for a long time with Android 6.0 Marshmallow Stock Firmware. As we know this new update is one of the sweetest update from Google up till now with it’s latest features like Multi tasking, Split screen, Vulcan API, Notification redesign, Quick Reply etc. The latest update for Lenovo P2 P2a42 will receive the latest build P2a42_S232_170320_ROW based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The new Stock Android Nougat comes with all Nougat features including the feature from Lenovo itself. Now you can enjoy Android 7.0 Nougat on Lenovo P2 P2a42.
What Is In Android 7.0 Nougat And Its Feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.0 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.0 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
If you are Still waiting for the update and you not yet received any notification, then follow the simple step below to see if you have received the update.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.0 Nougat on Lenovo P2. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Lenovo P2 to Android Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to UpdateLenovo P2 to Nougat manually.
- Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Lenovo P2 P2a42
- Install Resurrection Remix OS For Lenovo P2 (Android Nougat)
- How To Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on Lenovo P2
- Install Marshmallow based Resurrection Remix For Lenovo P2 P2a42
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo P2 (P2a42)
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Lenovo P2 (P2a42)
What Is Stock ROM And What Are The Advantage Of Stock ROM
Stock Firmware is the official Operating System which comes pre-installed in any smartphone. These Stock ROM are the Customized versions of Android developed by manufacturers and carriers to let users stick to their own look and features.
The Advantage Of Stock Firmware:
- To Unbrick your phone
- Fix the Bootloop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- This will work on Lenovo P2 P2a42 , Don’t Try this in Any other device
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- Make sure to Back your Phone
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here and Extract it.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
READ THIS CAUTION:
So before jump into the manual upgradation setup, please make sure you have a good amount juice with at least 80% Charge. If not please charge the phone. Backup your phone in case if you need it later. If you brick the device we are not responsible. Do it at your own risk. Remember this guide is to update Stock ROM on Stock Firmware for Lenovo P2 P2a42.
DOWNLOAD FILESDOWNLOAD STOCK ROM
STEPS FOR How To Official Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Lenovo P2 P2a42
Method 1 :
- First of all, Download the ADB Fastboot tools and Extract/Install it on your PC/Laptop
- Once you extracted the ADB Fastboot, now extract the ROM file on your
- Now in your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable.
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – To reboot, type the following Command from below in your Command window that you opened.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot into bootloader, If it doesn’t boot, then please make sure your cable and usb drivers have been installed properly.
- Now type the below command on your command window.
This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- To flash the Stock ROM on Lenovo P2, Type the command.
- Now wait for few minutes to complete the installation process. Once it is completed you can reboot your phone. That’s it! Enjoy the new Stock ROM update on Lenovo P2.
Method 2 :
- Download Official Android 7.0 Nougat for Lenovo P2 from above link
- Transfer the file to your device by USB Cable from PC
- Turn your Phone off, and wait for few seconds to completely turn it off.
- Now Boot your phone into recovery mode by holding volume Down and Power Key simultaneously.
- Once you see recovery, leave the buttons and Install by choosing the P2a42_S232_170320_ROW update zip file.
- Choose install and wait for the process to complete.
That’s it! If you like our post don’t forget to leave comment or feedback here. Thank you.